Friday, January 2, 2009

Riddle Me This

I am not sure what it is about my nature or demeanor that encourages people to want to instruct, dictate, educate or inform me on whatever the hell they are on or just out right tell me what to do, should do, try, delete, alter, adapt, adopt, increase or change in some way. Maybe it’s the tone of my voice when I speak, my choice of words or maybe it’s my intro, into what I am always fooled into thinking is mere “small talk” that sharply like cheddar style, turns into a poorly decorated rose bowl of chunky, veiny chicken pieces and super sized rotten broth soaked vegetables mixed with the most sour and unpalatable spices of “me, me, me, I, I, I,” self projection soup-to be force-fed with a fork, that apparently triggers some retard switch in the mind, in my presence, no doubt. It all started when um, let’s see, someone asked me how my day was and I honestly responded with “I had a hard day” and then came the rankin-stankin soup (you know I’m makin up words, right, you’ll be arrite, keep reading…haahaa), sometimes us sunshine girls get cloudy. It happens. Anyway, back to the big dumb soup. So I’m thinking to myself, hell, you asked me a question so I provided an answer, isn’t that how this works? I was determined not to flip the F out and attempted to derail the soup-so to speak. Here is the part where you think, ok, I will infer a different train of thought like uh………..right here! Nope! People still fork-feadin some stank-ass soup that I didn’t ask for from jump. Tried again to block the spew-soup except this time, I had to get some eye contact like I was speaking to an eight year old who was misbehaving on the playground and firmly say “Why are we having this conversation” which causes an abrupt shut-down and immediate flip of topics but not without the absolutes like “I will never say this again, or, you will never have to ever worry about having this conversation again”. Really, I mean, really, uh, can I quote you and make you swear on a Bible and sign a damn affidavit to this fact…tuh-only in my dreams do such never and ever exist.

Now, why the hell do I have to go through all this, dang!

Once the subject matter changed (like lightning) we chopped it up, said our goodbyes and I was out, like nothing happened, hmm, except the hot fact that I left there pissed off. I drove to the bookstore (Borders, I love Borders) and scribbled this blog into my notebook.

There ya go!









...feelin like a prisoner, trapped in the heat of the moment

1 comment:

JBeeez Rants said...

I think that is what they are here for. They have done their job but they don't quite think that they are finished. So they try to add some extra work sticky padded to the computer screen so you don't forget all the things that they said in the previous 8 hours. If soup is a lunch break and not a farewell meal then I DON'T WANT IT!!